News & Views

The News & Views page is where you'll find updates on what MacLeod is up to and hopefully a thoughtful reflection or funny story here and there. This is the blog of my blog-site.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

To Book

Had a callback last week for a play called Up by Bridget Carpenter to be directed by Penny Metropulos playing at Syracuse Stage this winter. I was called in for the character Mikey (a 15yr old). It was a very fun callback, full of play and a bit of improvisation. In the end I was second choice for the role. So very close! The only feedback I got was that my audition was great, but there was another actor who fit the role right on the money. This is a positive result in many ways. I now have another casting director out there who knows me and appreciates my work. Also, because I will not be leaving the city, I am free to perform in the new Crystal Skillman piece that I mentioned in a previous post with Rising Phoenix Rep- if it goes up. I was hesitant to leave the city anyway as I find the Off-Broadway community so inspiring and am intent upon working within it. On to the next one.

Good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment