News & Views

The News & Views page is where you'll find updates on what MacLeod is up to and hopefully a thoughtful reflection or funny story here and there. This is the blog of my blog-site.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy Week

It's been a busy week!

On Wednesday, I went to a screening of a pilot that my friend Frank Harts is in at the New York Television Festival (NYTVF) called Living in Captivity. Afterward I met up with Mike Doyle, one of my cast mates from Somewhere in the Pacific (the play I did in July) to grab a beer.

On Friday, I attended a Potomac Theatre Project (the company that produced Somewhere in the Pacific) New York reunion at the "Art Bar" on 8th Avenue. It was great to see so many of them again.

On Saturday, I helped my friend Perry Blackshear, who is at NYU Film School, with an exercise he was prepping for class. We went out to Williamsburg and shot a scene from one of his classmates' upcoming projects. Then, I met with my 2nd Cousin Elizabeth MacGregor, who I haven't really ever met other than as a baby, and some of her friends at Ralph's Italian Restaurant for dinner. Great food, great company, and some family stories. I was shocked at how quickly two glasses of red wine went to my head. After that I headed down to Brooklyn again for a Benefit for the Off-Broadway theater company StageFARM. They are producing a collection of short plays by some great Authors including Gina Gionfriddo (I produced and starred in her show After Ashley for my Thesis at College) and Judith Thompson! I look forward to seeing that. PTP and Midd Alum Jesse Hooker was there too which was a pleasant surprise, as was getting to see Ms. Gionfriddo again.

On Sunday, I went to see my roommate in an improv show at Upright Citizens Brigade. Then my roommate, our next door neighbors (who also attended the show), and I grabbed a drink and went to the piano bar Don't Tell Mama to watch my downstairs Neighbor Amy, who I take singing lessons from, perform in a Cabaret she'd been working on with a friend. Amy has got an incredible voice! On Monday, I'm going to a reading of a pilot that a friend of mine, Michael Golden, wrote. On Tuesday, I start my Carpenter Apprenticeship! This coming Friday I will be seeing another show that Frank Harts is in called Sa Ka La produced by Oslo Elsewhere theater company.

Just trying to keep my feet in the water and to support some of the great people I've gotten to know in this city who are doing great work!

1 comment:

  1. The world is small--I was a National Player with a couple of folks from Middlebury, and know PTP and Jim Petosa from back in the day. And now, of course, I help run the NYTVF. Glad you made it down. As I said, the world is small.

    ReplyDelete