News & Views

The News & Views page is where you'll find updates on what MacLeod is up to and hopefully a thoughtful reflection or funny story here and there. This is the blog of my blog-site.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My First Contract

I just signed my first Equity (AEA) contract tonight! What does going Equity mean? It means I am now a part of the stage actors' union. What are the benefits? I can continue to work in Equity venues all the way from Stage One in Louisville to Broadway. Being in Equity provides an option for affordable health care/pension (contingent upon me making money within union contracts). It is a necessary milestone for any professional actor- "You gotta do it sometime." It communicates professionalism.

What's more, I'm going equity through an astounding theater company and with a group of artists who I could not enjoy and admire more.

Here's to you Actors Equity Association.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go MacLeod!! I'm so proud of you. I love your blog too. The pictures of you and Jackson are great. Hope NYC is treating you well. I can NOT wait to come see you in a show. Have a blast and love what you do.

    ReplyDelete